Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2007-05-14 Brian's weekend

Here are some fun pictures from our weekend.

Craig King was baptized on Saturday at 1pm. He received a Book of Mormon 20yrs ago while he was in the hospital and gained a testimony. Last fall, his wife passed away and had been pleading with him to go to Church with her (she wasn't a member of the Church). He felt bad about not going to church with her. He didn't go with her because it was too painful to sit for an hour drive to Church and then for 2 hours during church and an hour drive home. Early this year, the Sister missionaries tracked into him. Natalie went to teach with the sisters 2 weeks ago and so we were excited to see him be baptized. I was a witness and helped lower him into the font and raise him out of the font. It was quite an interesting baptism.

You can also see the picture of our garden that I am building (slowly because of the rocks). Also, I thought you would get a kick out of the refund I received from the vending maching at the Empire State Building.

Finally, I attached pictures of the girls in their Sunday dresses on Mothers' Day. We actually attended Morgan Gast's (our neighbor's) first communion at Geist Catholic Church. The priest shook Elsa's hand on his way out of the service, but Ava refused. Elsa asked if she could do her first communion when she grows older. The Gasts really appreciated us coming and I got into quite an interesting discussions with our other neighbors who are starting to talk about religion as they are expecting their first child together and potential baptism. His mother is Jewish and she (Nikki) is Lutheran, but neither have been to Church in years. He took the first communion at the Catholic Church on Sunday (by accident) and Nikki was giving him a hard time for going up there and taking the communion. To be honest, I kind of thought about going up just for the experience, but thank goodness I recognized that I would have been drinking wine from the same cup as everybody else in the congregation! Plus, I would have felt awkward when I was teaching the lesson in Elders' Quorum an hour later.

Brian

No comments: