Sunday, May 13, 2007

2007-05-06 Michelle's update

May 6, 2007

Hi Everyone,

Attached is a picture of me at 17 weeks pregnant. Enough of you have asked if I look pregnant, so there you go. I like to think not, although I have had two total strangers ask me when I was due. It really really caught me off guard. I'm not wearing maternity clothes yet and don't feel like I look too pregnant. Hans has said he keeps doing a double take at my stomach the past week and thinking, "wow, she really is pregnant." The reality is starting to sink in a bit. I still feel sick at night, but nothing at all compared to what it was. I feel great most of the time.

I am still trying to find some clarity from our Father in Heaven concerning this job. I am hoping to find a resolution soon, as I am supposed to start training next week and my dad has so graciously accepted to come babysit the 16-18 while I train all day. It's almost worth working just to have him come be with us:) Thanks for your generosity and willingness. I have been grateful to have something to pray about and study for, as the 10 weeks of really ill pregnancy allowed me no ability to read and study my scriptures. Pretty much what I did was stare at the ceiling. It's hard to get back in the habit, once out, and now I am back in. So that in itself is a good thing from applying for the job, right?

Hans is well. He had a busy week of meetings with architects, consultants, etc. and is overwhelmed with the enormity of the project at hand. He's excited about it. I am excited to particpate in the decorating and furnishing of the new office. It should be fun. He's also delegated business cards/logo stuff to me. I am new to this stuff, but it should be fun to learn. I'm grateful he has a consultant to help him along. It seems to have eased a lot of his stress.

The kids are great. Justin had strep throat last weekend, but the antibiotics seem to have cleared it up. It was kind of frightening since he had a 103 degree fever for two days. I assumed it was his ears, but no. I'm grateful. This is the 1st cold to not go to his ears. Maybe we are in the clear. The girls are great. We've had a cold week so have spent more time inside. I did take them to pump it up, which they love. Katelyn calls it hump it up. They both took naps when we got home. Hans took the girls on a date this week swimming and they had a great time. I was glad since he's been so busy this week that he had some time just to play with them. We planted our tomato plants yesterday during the nice rain/hail so I hope they make it. I also got basil and now just need to find some zuchini. That is the extent of the garden this year. The girls are excited about it and ran out first thing this morning (even though it is freezing) to see if any tomatos had grown.

If anybody has any ideas how to get bright red nailpolish out of the carpet, please let me know. We painted our bedroom yesterday and had absolutely no paint get anywhere and right as we finished Ashley broke the bottle of nailpolish and it splattered EVERYWHERE. So now instead of noticing the nice paint job, it's the red nailpolish that gets the attention. I've tried some things, but nothing has worked yet. I was a little lightheaded after all the fumes from painting and nailpolish so our house is a comfortable 55 degrees since the windows are open to vent.

Hope all is well there,

Michelle

No comments: