Sunday, August 26, 2007

2007-08-07 Melanie's Update

My dad informed me that it has been 6 weeks since my last update. I thought it was longer than that, so I am happy. If I was cooler I would be doing a blog, but I am sticking with what I know. Eventually, I will be blogging.

We have had an eventful few weeks. We went camping in the Uintahs with some friends, went to Lagoon a couple of times with cousins and Grandma and Grandpa, and took a trip to visit Michelle in Colorado Springs. This past weekend Jeff's parents were here for my niece's baptism, which was really nice. We enjoy having family stuff to keep us busy. It makes us feel like we can compete with the never ending family activities of our neighbors. I am running the Provo half-marathon on Saturday and Jeff and I are training for the Ogden triathlon in September. I tried swimming laps on Monday morning, and I am nervous I am going to drown in Pineview. Perhaps I will wear a life jacket. We are getting lots of exercise around here. I ran 6 miles, biked 15, and did an hour of yoga on Saturday. And yesterday I swam laps, ran a few miles, and did more yoga. Today I am tired. Jeff ran and biked yesterday as well.

Our kids are doing well. We went to Cherry Hill yesterday and today and it wears them out. They are watching movies now to wind down a little before gymnastics this afternoon. Andrew is currently obsessed with his next birthday party--he will tell you it is in about 11 weeks and then he asks me what 7 times 11 is to figure out how many days. 11 weeks sounds shorter to him than 77 days, so he usually sticks with that. He is planning the games he wants to play and he told me he has to have a Batman cake, so that I had better borrow a cake pan. I guess he doesn't assume I might buy one. He asks me how much money he would have if he got 10,000 pennies and if that would be enough to buy a pogo stick. His friend has one, and he wants one badly. We found a BMX track when we were driving to CO and Andrew rode his bike up and down the dirt hills like a pro. We were proud parents.

Elizabeth loves gymnastics and she is good at it. My neighbor asked me if Elizabeth had been working out because her legs look so muscley and defined. She just does gymnastics. She is good at doing backwards somersaults and backbends over our exercise ball. She loves it. I started practicing the piano with her and she has learned all of her Twinkles and part of Honey Bee. We are going to start her in piano lessons in a couple of months. She is also an excellent swimmer and likes to jump off the side of the pool over and over again. She is still our cuddly girl and will sit next to me and stroke my arm. I love her.

Anna is a pest right now. She likes to whine and throw tantrums. When she isn't doing those things, she is really sweet and mellow. She is talking in full sentences all the time now and it makes her seem so grown up. She wishes so badly that she could do gymnastics and swim by herself like Andrew and Elizabeth, but she also enjoys being the baby and knows how to get her way in everything.

Our big news is that Jeff is planning to quit his job at the end of September and start his own franchise that does taxes and accounting for small businesses. We are deliberating doing the franchise in Davis County or moving to Fort Collins, CO. Anybody been there? We are both stressed at even the thought of having to put all of our stuff in boxes and move it, so we will see what happens.

Take care,
Melanie

No comments: