Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011-09-15 Searching for a bike seat


I went on a quest to find a taller stem and saddle for Paula's new bike. The original stem was about 1 inch too short to be fully comfortable, and the saddle broke when our fellow teacher sat on the bike. On the way I walked through the city wall and saw this group of food vendors, and plenty of other interesting things.

The folks at the store where we purchased the bikes were very unhelpful and an old guy even suggested I should give money to the young fellow who was trying to find a longer stem, even though he was unsuccessful. At the bike shop next door an employee took pity on me, and I followed him up stairs and around a corner to another bike shop where they provided a longer stem. The helpful fellow then berated the guys at the store where we bought the bike and forced them to give me a new saddle. Mission accomplished!

No comments: