Tuesday, July 10, 2007

2007-07-08 Michelle's Update

July 8, 2007

Hi Everyone,

It's been a little bit of a whirlwind week. I don't feel like I ever sat down. I don't like to be that busy with stuff. We were able to fit in trips to the park and pool so most of it was fun busy. It has been really really hot here and so all I feel like doing outside is sitting in the pool. Which is why I love the pool we go to. Justin is happy to get in and out of the side and it's shallow enough he can do that safely. We went camping this weekend down by the royal gorge, which was beautiful, but once again, for me, too hot. We ended up leaving before everyone else. We had a great time with all the dirt bikes and four wheelers. Hans has the bug to buy a bigger, more powerful dirt bike, but I think after watching the pursuit of happiness last night it scared him a little J It's been frightening to be giving up a nice and secure income. Hans went to lunch with the other dentists on Thursday and gave them all his business card and officially gave "notice" on Friday. He is waiting to hear back about working two days a week for them after the 90 days is over, but he is doubtful. He is following two other leads for part-time work. Hopefully something comes through. It is the practice that keeps me stressed and busy. I finally got our "coming soon" web page published to the web. I've realized I'm underqualified to be doing the web design, so I have put in way too many hours already. I thought this wouldn't take quite so much energy. I am working on the regular page, but feel like I am at a standstill. I have a friend who is willing to help me, so hopefully I can get her over here soon. I am also working on postcard mailers, which is much pricier, but much easier. It's basically picking a template and wording and paying the money. They address and stamp, etc. We're sending out a ridiculous number. We both have been passing business cards out, but still no phone calls. I think that October sounds too far off still in July.

The kids are great. Justin is getting so verbal. He's a cute age. He loves to go outside and see the dogs and stands at the screen door pounding on it yelling dog over and over. He also points to the sky when he hears an airplane and says dog. And birds he calls dogs. I think anything he thinks is living that makes noise is a dog. He has perfected saying "up, please" and "down." He can say Ashley, which is a very staccato "Aaaaeeeee." But he knows what he is saying and so do we. He thought sleeping in the tent was extremely exciting. He wasn't too much of a hazard around the fire. Everytime he would walk towards it he'd say "hot." I'm not sure he knows what that means though.

Ashley had a fun birthday. I can't believe my baby is 5. We had 11 kids for a water party and did a craft and ate cake and ice cream and lunch. She was spoiled. She got 3 ponies, which she loves and is currently washing them and blow drying their hair. She's into her ponies and babies. She got a lot of crafts so we are planning on working on those this week. I am busy trying to buy her uniform stuff and school supplies for school, since apparently if you don't do it early in July everything is sold out. I have a hard time believing it, but I don't want her to be the only one without the correct stuff so I am trying to fit that in too. Hans worked with her on her solar system last night, which has been a great learning project. She asks me things like, "How big is Mars?"

Katelyn is our thrill seeker and the one who enjoys the dirt bikes and motorcycles. She would ride them all day. She also loves her ponies and has cut all their hair off, maybe to match hers, I'm not sure. She's anxious to start pre-school, thank goodness, since she still has no interest in other activities.

Hope all is well,

Michelle

No comments: