Tuesday, April 24, 2007

2007-04-23 Michelle's Update

Hi everyone,

It has been WAY too long since I have done this and now it just keeps getting easier and easier to not write one. I realize I have only missed a couple of weeks, but still. Our lives are busy and I like to record it:)

We spent the weekend in Frisco, which is where the ski resorts are. We went with Kim and Warren and had a great time. Hans and Warren skiied on Saturday while Kim and I took the kids swimming and enjoyed the lobby of the Hotel. Thankfully, we had a nice hotel. It was great and a nice break from the routine. I like not feeling like I need to be doing something. I didn't take any pictures. The batteries in the camera died. Oh well.

Hans is back to work today and so am I. We made lots of strawberry jam this morning. I went running. I am happy to be feeling mostly well enough to run. I've just been running 4 miles or so 3 times a week. Not too much, but enough so I feel sane. I've started doing yoga again and will add weights back in this week. Finally to be exercising. It feels good. The kids missed the YMCA and Justin just bangs on the kid zone door until they let him in. He doesn't have the patience to wait for me to sign him in. He loves it.

Justin has a lot of new words. He says oatmeal clearly. It's cute. He says "did it" and waves bye and says "ba bye." He loves to push things to the wall and then climb up them so he can look out the window. I won't be able to have any windows open this spring/summer. I just leave the doors open and he loves to go out and come back in and feel so independent. He is very independent. I re-introduced milk, which was dumb. He had lots of diarrhea. We're back to rice milk. He seems to do okay on yogurt so he drinks really expensive yogurt drinks with lots of nourishment and protein so he doesn't get 3rd world country diseases.

The girls and I have been busy now that I am feeling better. Everyday we do education time, storytime, music time, exercise time, and craft time. It's great fun. Their favorite time is education time. They wake up with it on their minds. For exercise I jump on the trampoline with them or we ride our bikes. I have to run with Justin in the stroller to keep up with them now. We go about 3 miles. They are building up their endurance. If we have to stay inside we play "teddy bear" which is lots of exercise. They end up sweaty. It's fun. I checked out a yoga kids dvd from the library and they LOVED that. It was so cute to watch them do yoga. Attached are some pictures. They feel big.

I got the job at the hospital assuming I pass the drug test. I go in Friday to do that. I'm not sure when I will start, but hopefully really soon. I am wondering if I should tell them I am pregnant. In the next couple of weeks I won't be able to hide it anymore. Should I tell them? I am set to train for 4-6 months 2 nights a week and then drop to one night a week. I'm hoping I can talk them down to 4 months so I can work a couple weeks without a trainer before I have the baby. Then I can take 2 months off and go back once a week. They guarantee I can do training on the weekends so I am excited. I'm slightly nervous about the sleep deprivation, but if I can sleep while Hans is home it should be okay. Hans and I just won't see each other too much. Now that I am feeling better I am wanting to spring clean and organize our house since we still haven't completely unpacked. We have lived here almost a year.

Hans is busy with his practice stuff. He submitted the lease to the lawyer and back to the landlord and we are just waiting. He should be able to open October 1st. And then I should have the c-section on October 4th. Great timing. We like to be as stressed as possible and see how we come out. Should we name the practice Egbert Family Dentistry or NorthEast Dental Center?

Hope all is well with all of you!

Love, Michelle

No comments: