Monday, April 9, 2007

2007-04-08 Michelle's update

April 7, 2008

Happy Easter everyone.

I've enclosed some pictures of our wintry Easter weekend. Hans and Ashley played in the snow, we had indoor egg hunts, and Hans slid the car into the intersection thanks to all the ice and was lucky that nothing happaned. It is beautiful though, if I can allow myself to get past the anger that it's freezing cold. The trees and grass are all frozen with ice and it looks very impressive. We wore Easter dresses to church anyway and just put winter coats over them. We are going over to Rachael's house for dinner soon. She just had a baby 10 days ago, but assures me she still wants us there. I think she's nuts. But we're going anyway. She's moving around great and feels totally normal. Another reminder of the joys of C-sections. I am 13 weeks pregnant now. I've felt the baby move, which is always such a great feeling. I think because it is my 4th in such a short span of time that I am growing out of all my regular clothes so quickly. I look ridiculous in maternity clothes. It leaves me wondering what to wear, since my workout clothes and pajama type clothes make me sick to look at them. Weird, I know. That and showering and really anything to do with hot water. At least I can drink cold water. All our dishes and laundry are washed in freezing cold water. Bathing the kids about does me in. I have to lay down and not smell anything on them. We've had to ban the use of lotions, etc. in the house and I have to use unscented deodorant. Which doesn't work very well, by the way, especially with the sporadic showering:) I shower when Ashley tells me I am stinky. Perhaps I shouldn't be confessing to all of this. I just have so much hope that it is ending soon. I am already way better then I was. My last Zofran I will lovingly take tonight. Wish me luck for tomorrow.

I got offered the job at the hospital in labor and delivery. I was happy, but the timing's not great. I wasn't pregnant when I applied, but now I am. We'll see how lenient they will be with training and working, etc. I want to take it though. Not if I have to train full-time though. I couldn't handle that many nights of lost sleep.

Enclosed are pictures of the kids in Easter clothes and dyeing easter eggs. We had fun doing all the Easter traditions. Katelyn sang "Jesus songs" all through Sacrament meeting at the top of her lungs. Hans says he couldn't ask her to keep it down since she was singing her praises to Jesus. Who wants to temper that? It's quite cute. And Ashley has all sorts of Easter psalms she likes to sing to us from pre-school. She calls them palms. I'm grateful she can learn about Easter at school.

Justin is happy. He's such a cute kid. I love that he is so social and that he goes up to random people all throughout Church. It makes me happy to see people love him.

Hope all is well with you and Easter celebrations!

Love, Michelle

No comments: