Wednesday, March 21, 2007

2007-03-21 Mindy's Update

We have had a large motor skills week. Will learned to ride a two wheeler and Sarah learned to walk. Hooray!! They are both so proud of themselves. Will gets this I'm so cool look on his face that is priceless.

Sarah has been close to walking for a while but yesterday she figured that she didn't have to just dive into my arms after a few steps. She could keep walking and steer to get where she wanted. She still laughs the whole time she is doing it. Still not steady though. I get scared if she gets to close to furniture because if she falls she'll get hurt. She has a scrape on her forehead from the sidewalk outside where she was walking behind a scooter and fell. She is cute and happy and has figured out the joys of Cadbury's Mini Eggs.

Will is into Star Wars. When Coray was giving his talk in Church, Will was watching him closely and then looked at me and whispered, "Am I going to be a man when I grow up?" Cute except that he has decided against it and has chosen to be a Star Wars clone instead just not on the same team as "Darf Vader". I wish I was three again. He figured out the two wheeler in two tries. Coray was cleaning out the garage and I took the training wheels off an extra bike we had and asked Will to come try it. He wouldn't let me let go but I showed him how to balance. Then Coray helped and did let go and Will could do it. So we walked over to the park where there is a big basketball court and he rode his bike for an hour. He loved it. He still goes a little too fast and turns a little too sharp for me to not worry but he hardly ever falls. The bike is a little too big for him so he can't start by himself. To stop he swings his leg over to the side and jumps off the bike running. Very cute and brave for the most cautious of my children.

Jonathan's soccer team is still undefeated in indoor. We will see if they can carry it through to spring ball that starts in a few weeks. Mostly he is counting down the days until August when he can start football. Hopefully he won't be disappointed. I think I will get him in a BYU football camp this summer. He loves it.

Abby set up her first lemonade stand this year. We have lots of construction traffic and realtors, etc. and all are very nice to stop. She is already planning for the parade of homes and plans on making all kinds of money.

There is a lot of potential for AE. Things could start happening here soon. I just hope to somehow get in a Hawaii trip before Coray finishes the Airport contract. Maybe for our 11th anniversary since our tenth came and went without much acknowledgement thanks to new house, new baby and all kinds of stress. We shall see.

We are doing well and love hearing from you all.

Mindy

No comments: