Monday, January 15, 2007

2007-01-15 Melanie's update

Hi. Writing an update about our family has been hanging over my head for a while. I almost wrote one yesterday, but decided to clean out my pantry and kitchen cupboards instead. It sounded easier. We've been vomiting here and so we are constantly doing laundry, sterilizing floors and trying to manage where the vomit lands. I'm just grateful Jeff is here to help me today, especially since I was sick all night. It seems that we are always sick. Elizabeth had pneumonia over the holiday break and Anna had bronchiolitis. Hopefully we are on the upside now.

We've been busy and happy here. Our kids are growing so fast and make us smile. Anna is getting more verbal every day and I can understand more and more of what she is saying. I heard her say while in the bathtub, "Daddy, ready get out." It was cute. She loves copying everything that Elizabeth does. If Elizabeth tells me a story, Anna tells me a story. She follows Elizabeth around playing with "cesses" (princesses) and flying airplanes and driving trains. She loves being a part of everything and squeals at the top of her lungs, "Meeeeeee" when we ask a question. She gets heartbroken when I drop Elizabeth off to play somewhere and she doesn't get to go too. She loves Dora, backpacks, babies, patty-cake, wrestling with Jeff, wearing bows and belts, and reading books.

Elizabeth is growing up. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is very particular about everything but will keep herself occupied for hours playing with her dolls, barbies, polly-pockets, etc. She loves playing with her friends and we are lucky to have a 4 year old across the street and a 4 year old right next door. Elizabeth tried a dance class and loved it, but when I asked her if she wanted to go again she said, "maybe in April." So we are holding off.

Andrew is still busy with preschool and piano. His mind keeps him busy and he loves reading books about the earth, the body, airplanes, and the weather. He is nervous about weather lately and worries about Brian and Natalie in Indianapolis getting hit by a tornado. He has a solar system on his ceiling along with stars, thanks to his aunts, and Santa brought him a globe. He loves taking his stuffed animals on adventures to the planets in his helicopter.

There is a small update--hopefully I can get more consistent so I can remember the cute things my kids say.

Take care,
Melanie

No comments: