Sunday, December 3, 2006

Michelle's update

December 3, 2006

Hi Everyone,

It feels like it has been awhile since I have "updated." I think it is because we have done SO much. The Disney cruise was fabulous. It was wonderful to fly on Thanksgiving day to Florida and show up in the humidity. I loved being able to take a deep breath in and not feel lightheaded. I realized how cumbersome (how do you spell that?) the altitude can be. It made me want to move down south or at least closer to sea level. Anyway, Florida was wonderful. It was fun to be with all 28 of the Heath family and to reconnect. I love seeing Ashley play with her cousins. She had a great time. I asked her if she was happy to be back in Colorado and she said "No, I want to go back to America." She is slightly confused on the whole different states in America thing. She loved the waterslide, the swimming, and of course all the disney princesses walking around on the boat. Disneyworld was a hit as well and our favorites were dumbo, the carousel, and the tea cups. It's fun to see the kids having so much fun. Justin did great despite his illnesses. He liked getting his sunscreen on and then rolling around in the sand until he was totally covered. He did crawl right into the ocean. The Bahamas were beautiful and the Disney island was even better. It was overall a wonderful trip. I definately recommend it and plan on going again sometime in the future when Justin can enjoy it. Today is the first day that I am not really rocking anymore. I feel more seasick on land then I did when I got on the boat. It is a very strange sensation.

We came home to freezing cold Colorado. It is 7 today. It was -1 when we got home. We did have a fun snowstorm yesterday and got about 6 inches. I like the seasons, but now Hans and I are reconsidering moving closer to the beach.

We are busy trying to set up for the Holidays, which shouldn't take too long since I only have 5-6 decorations. We are planning on going to cut down a tree this week sometime. I am excited to have a small Christmas here and focus on what it is supposed to be all about. I will miss seeing family and friends, but I'm going to drive out to Utah in January for Joshua's baptism and to see everyone. It has been so nice to see family more often. That is a definate bonus to having moved west.

I hope all is well with you!
Love, Michelle

No comments: