Saturday, December 8, 2007

2007-11-24 President McKittrick passed away


Trent David McKittrick returned to his heavenly home surrounded by loving family on Saturday, Nov. 24, 2007.
Trent was born of goodly parents Gwen D. and Mildred Kirch McKittrick on April 25, 1950, in Columbus. One of Trent's most endearing qualities was his love for family, especially spending time with his grandchildren.
Trent had passion and zeal for life, with enthusiasm for skiing, hiking, outdoor activities, his horses, the sciences, learning, knowledge and a deep appreciation and understanding of Jesus Christ. His amazing spirit, gentle manner and deep concern for others touched the lives of everyone he came in contact with.
His love, faith and dedication to the Savior brought him to serve two full-time missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The first mission was served in Geneva, Switzerland, and the other in 1993 with his wife and children as Mission President in the Canada Montreal mission.
Trent was an accomplished man with a vast background. He graduated with honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic, served in the United States Marine Corps, skydived, ran two marathons, was captain of the high school football team, sang in a dance band, snow skied the Big Sky Le Couloir at the age of 50, was an amazing Scoutmaster known for his famous Dutch oven cooking, and was a veracious reader. He will be remembered for his kindness, gratitude, integrity and great work ethic.
Trent is survived by his eternal companion, Donna; his three loving daughters, Tana (Matt), Breanne (David) and Wynn (Tim); grandchildren Grace, McCade, Bella, Gage and Chayce Lynn; his mother Mildred; brothers, Dan and Chad. Trent is preceded in passing by his father, Gwen and son, Chase.
His funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 29, at the LDS Chapel located at 2929 Belvedere, Billings (across from Will James Junior High). Following the funeral, the burial will be in Nye Cemetery. Visitation will be Wednesday, Nov. 28, from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Dahl Funeral Chapel, 10 Yellowstone Ave., Billings.
Memorials may be made to The Trent McKittrick Memorial Fund at First Interstate Bank; LDS Humanitarian or Perpetual Education Fund, 15 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150.

Obituaries | Death Notices | Newspaper Obituaries | Online Obituaries | Newspaper Death Notices | Online Death Notices

1 comment:

Tom Heath said...

This is Tana's update:

My mom is doing amazingly well. She is notoriously bad about
correspondance (I did not get that particular trait from her:) She still lives at the same place 1294 Yellowstone #2, Billings, MT 59102. Her phone number is 406-254-6878.
Wynn got married last summer. She and her husband Tim are living with my mom, I think this is both a blessing and a curse but at this time probably mostly a blessing. Wynn is going to cosmetology school and loves it. Tim is still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up:)
Breanne finally got married this summer (after we found out about Dad) to David. They have been together over 6 years and have a
5 year old son, Gage and a 6 month old (sweet, angelic) baby girl, Chayce. They seem to be doing pretty well, Breanne struggles a bit with depression and over all malaise, she is mostly staying home now with the kids and I think she is still trying to find her way into some kind of routines that work for her...or something, I don't really know. I am close to both my sisters but I don't really get what makes Breanne tick.
My husband, Matt, and I live in Hailey (near Sun Valley) he works for the ski resort. He is the Director of Human Resourses and
also the Risk Manager. I guess it is not his dream job but it has
enabled us to live where he grew up and he loves the area. I am an x-ray tech at our local hospital. I only work part time but I love it! I always joke when I am at work that it is my day off, I just happen to get paid for it. We have 3 kids; Grace (6), McCade (4), amd Bella (18 months). They are really good kids who are such a joy. I love scrapbooking and have a really nice group of friends here. That keeps me sane through the cold, dark winter months.
On Thanksgiving this year my sister-in-law was talking about her sister who lives in Canada. She was saying the she is a little sad not to be celebrating Thanksgiving. It totally brought back the memory of our wonderful Thanksgiving together. I am so thankful we could be together in Quebec. It was hard enough...can you imagine if we hadn't had each other?

love, T